FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is a COACH?
We can improve our understanding of the word ‘Coach’ by comparing its meaning with that of the word ‘Trainer’, but we will inevitable make the mistake to literally compare these terms with each other if we don’t know the difference between the two.
What is a COACHEE?
A ‘coachee’ is the person who is being coached.
Why should I NEED a coach?
First of all, it has to be clear that you DON’T need a coach, but you WISH to have one. Famous athletes don’t think about going to the Olympics without a trainer. They know that a coach will be there to observe them, support them and show them the way that leads to perfection.
A coach combines technical support with a fruitful relationship that gets the best out of you and gives you the power to develop from being good to being a champion. A coach can give you the same vision in your company as in your personal life. Coaching is meant for people who want to live their lives to the fullest. If you want to know if you wish a coach, you should ask yourself the following question: “Are you living your life based on your values and dreams or do you feel trapped because you have to make a living?”
Due to the current pace of change, executives have to achieve results faster than ever before.
The traditional way to achieve results, for example by controlling everything and giving instructions, doesn’t have any effect in the current situation. The employee wants to find more satisfaction in his work.
Therefore, executives have to strive to make work more rewarding. That way, employees will feel more fulfilled by it. The current executives have to solve the next time paradox.
To gain more time, we have to dedicate more time to our employees. There is no other solution. To invest profitably in the personnel, executives will…
… will have to be strongly convinced that people can achieve anything they put their mind to. (This is a fundamental condition en the first rule of coaching.)
… will have to be constantly reinforcing this conviction (Second rule of coaching).
What differences are there in personal Coaching?
The philosophy and the coaching techniques are EXACTLY the same. The only big difference is basically the NATURE of the client and thus the PURPOSE.
About what can you talk with your coach?
– About your questions.
– About your problems.
– About your impressions.
– About what makes you angry.
– About your changes and challenges.
– About your doubts.
– About your promises and declarations.
– About your decisions.
– About your progress and recognition.
– About your fears.
– About your projects.
– About your feelings.
– Personnel management.
– Time management.
– The schedule of the executive, – Lack of motivation in the workplace.
– The objectives of the company.
– About their challenges.
– Their progress.
– Their projects.
– Any problem inside or outside the company that is affecting the return,…
What is the legal framework?
There are two things concerning the legal responsibilities of every professional coach in Spain and in the rest of the world that have to be taken into account.
1. Confidentiality agreement: The ‘contract’ between coach and client is completely confidential and falls under the law of Spain or the country of origin of the client.
2. Ethical code: As ‘professional coach’ we fall under the ethical code enacted by the ICF (International Coach Federation).
What is the RIGHT moment to hire a COACH?
– When you want to achieve a particular objective.
– When you have a problem that prevents you from achieving your dreams or goals.
– When you don’t know how to start with a project, a personal or company goal.
– When you decide to balance your private life with your work.
In short, when you WISH to be or have what you expect from yourself or your company and are prepared to do everything in your power to achieve it.
Who CONTACTS a coach and why?
Those who want more, who want to grow and want to do things more easily.
Those who spent months or even years thinking about things that they wanted to do, have or be, but never took action or always stopped at the same point and really want to achieve it.
A coach can help you to be, do and/or have what you are looking for.
Who can benefit from coaching?
– Those who have a goal or objective without being specific.
– Those who are open for change and personal or professional development.
– Those who are looking for an opportunity to change their future.
– Those who are being blocked in a certain area of their life.
– Those who want to find their life purpose and want to make sense of what they are doing.
– Those who are willing to bet on themselves.
– Those who want more and better.
– Those who consider that where they are now or what they are doing is not enough after reading the following questions: Do you enjoy what you are doing? Are you excited about your future? Is this the life that you choose? Do you get satisfaction out of what you are doing? Are you happy with your relationships? Do you enjoy your time off?.
– Facilitating the rapprochment between employees and the interchange of their knowledge, skills and experiences, so that all may learn something.
– Making the most of the opportunities that occur at work and allow to learn lessons from real situations.
– Reducing the number of hours that employees should spend after work following courses and seminars.
– Promoting a work atmosphere of continuous training, support and accountability.
– Et cetera…
If you improve the employees and their productivity, the foundation of the company will improve.